Overlooked and Underfunded: Disability Inclusion in Philanthropy
Hi there! Thanks so much for joining us.
Your interest in and commitment to inclusion and access are truly appreciated. Keep reading to learn more about Ability Central’s mission and how you can get involved.
A little about us.
Here at Ability Central, we’re on a mission to expand information and communications access for those who are Deaf, disabled, and neurodiverse. We are committed to serving as an educator, convener, and resource for these communities and their allies. We accomplish these goals by making grants and funding other nonprofits with aligned missions, offering technical support to other nonprofits working to help people who are Deaf or disabled, and providing online information and resources for people with questions about disabilities and communication access.
Some helpful resources.
To learn more about how you can create inclusion in your organization or community, check out the resources below. We’re excited to have you as a partner as we work to expand inclusion and access for all.
Download the presentation deck from our Overlooked and Underfunded event.
- Disability and Philanthropy Forum, Webinar: How Ableism Shows Up in Philanthropy
- Longmore presents: Disability and Philanthropy: From Telethons of the past to Disability Justice Today
- Disability and Philanthropy Forum Youtube
- SSIR How Funders Can Make Disability Visible
- Starkloff Disability Insititute: Reinvigorating Disability Inclusion Efforts Through ERGs
- Respectability, Disability in Philanthropy and Nonprofits
- National Network of Consultants to Grantmakers, Disability Inclusion in Philanthropy
- “Disability Visibility: First-Person Stories from the 21st Century” edited by Alice Wong
- ‘You’re Wrong About – Eugenics’ Podcast
- ‘The Heumann Perspective – Disability Inclusion in the Workplace‘
- ‘Disability Visibility – Intersectionality’
- Ability Central Disability and Employment Infographic
- Disability and Philanthropy Forum, Eugenics: Historical Practice to Present-Day Technology
- Learn more about the Disability Inclusion Philanthropy pledge
- Respectability Disability FAQ
- Employer Assistance and Resource Network, Inclusion@Work Framework
Disability Inclusion in Philanthropy Webinar Series
Interested in learning more about increasing accessibility in your workplace and creating a more accessible grantmaking process? Join our FREE webinar series on 11/30 and 12/6 to learn about disability inclusion in philanthropy.
How you can get involved.
Want to partner with us in our mission? Here are some ways you can support our work.
Consider a one-time or monthly donation to increase the impact of Ability Central. Your gift allows us to expand programs and develop resources supporting Deaf and disabled communities. Your donation is fully tax-deductible, and we make the process simple.
Want to learn how to get donations matched by your employer, give stock, or leave a legacy? For any questions about your gift visit our Donation FAQs.
Want to learn more?
Interested in learning more about other programs from Ability Central? Visit our homepage to see how we’re working to make inclusion and access available for everyone.