Hi there! Thanks so much for joining us.
Your interest in and commitment to inclusion and access are truly appreciated. Keep reading to learn more about Ability Central’s mission and how you can get involved.
A little about us.
Here at Ability Central, we’re on a mission to expand information and communications access for those who are Deaf, disabled, and neurodiverse. We are committed to serving as an educator, convener, and resource for these communities and their allies. We accomplish these goals by making grants and funding other nonprofits with aligned missions, offering technical support to other nonprofits working to help people who are Deaf or disabled, and providing online information and resources for people with questions about disabilities and communication access.
Some helpful resources.
To learn more about how you can create inclusion in your organization or community, check out the resources below. We’re excited to have you as a partner as we work to expand inclusion and access for all.
Resources for Ramps Aren’t Enough: Improving Accessibility in Your Workplace
Watch the recording of Ramps Aren’t Enough: Improving Accessibility in Your Workplace.
- Disability and Philanthropy Forum, Webinar: How Ableism Shows Up in Philanthropy
- Longmore presents: Disability and Philanthropy: From Telethons of the past to Disability Justice Today
- Disability and Philanthropy Forum Youtube
- Stella Young, “I’m not your inspiration” TED Talk
- It’s Time for Philanthropy to Include People with Disabilities
- SSIR How Funders Can Make Disability Visible
- Starkloff Disability Insititute: Reinvigorating Disability Inclusion Efforts Through ERGs
- Respectability, Disability in Philanthropy and Nonprofits
- National Network of Consultants to Grantmakers, Disability Inclusion in Philanthropy
- “Disability Visibility: First-Person Stories from the 21st Century” edited by Alice Wong
- “Demystifying Disability” by Emily Ladau
- ‘The Heumann Perspective – Disability Inclusion in the Workplace’
- ‘Disability Visibility – Intersectionality’
- Ability Central Disability and Employment Infographic
- Learn more about the Disability Inclusion Philanthropy pledge
- Respectability Disability FAQ
- Employer Assistance and Resource Network, Inclusion@Work Framework
- Ableism/Language from Lydia X.Z. Brown
- Job Accommodation Network
- Employer Assistance and Resource Network
- Access Living, Ableism 101
Resources for It’s About Equity, Not Kindness: Accessible and Inclusive Grantmaking Practices
Watch the recording of It’s About Equity, Not Kindness: Accessible and Inclusive Grantmaking Practices.
- “Living Your Values” – 5:19 runtime.
Check back soon for updates!
How you can get involved.
Want to partner with us in our mission? Here are some ways you can support our work.
Consider a one-time or monthly donation to increase the impact of Ability Central. Your gift allows us to expand programs and develop resources supporting Deaf and disabled communities. Your donation is fully tax-deductible, and we make the process simple.
Want to learn how to get donations matched by your employer, give stock, or leave a legacy? For any questions about your gift visit our Donation FAQs.
Want to learn more?
Interested in learning more about other programs from Ability Central? Visit our homepage to see how we’re working to make inclusion and access available for everyone.